|Caramel Pecan Cookies hot out of the oven!|
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over a low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to froth. Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Sift flour into a medium mixing bowl (and cinnamon if desired). Add butter mixture and mix until it forms a smooth dough. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on baking trays.
- Push pecan nuts or into the top of each ball of dough, squashing it slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly on trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.