Thursday 9 January 2014

Healthy in a Hurry

So for dinner tonight I was cooking for one.  And to be honest, I would have loved to just curl up in bed once I got home from work and eaten my next meal tomorrow morning after a long nights sleep.  But I didn't.  I made something that shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to prepare and cook and really doesn't have any nasties in it!  It's healthy in a hurry!!



3 shallots, finely chopped
3 birdseye chillies, finely chopped 
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
300g beef rump steak, diced
1 red capsicum, finely sliced lengthways
15 snow peas, cut in two
2 tbs soy sauce
1tbs olive oil

On a high heat, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, making sure you coat the sides of the pan.  Throw in your shallots, chilli and garlic and saute for a minute or until fragrant.  Add half the soy sauce and meat and toss until the meat is browned, approximately 4 minutes.  Throw in the capsicum and snow peas and the remaining soy sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.  Remove from heat, serve with rice.

Seriously guys, it's that simple.  Next time I would use less chillies, as these ones were quite hot and have killed off about half of my taste buds.

Good news: on Saturday I will have access to an oven, so expect some sweets! Until tomorrow..


No comments:

Post a Comment